The UK IPv6 Council is a non-profit technology user group focused on IPv6 deployment and adoption in the United Kingdom.
The UK IPv6 Council was established on April 4th, 2014, as a local chapter of the IPv6 Forum.
Our vision and strategy is to:
- Create an environment for technical and business people from all industries/public sector/SP/academia that enables sharing of information, business cases/drivers and experience with IPv6 deployments (in all IT areas that are touched by IP).
- Enable dialog and create a community. Develop a sense of togetherness and an environment to share knowledge.
- Work with other organisations in UK and abroad, to make UK IPv6 activities visible in the UK and at an international level.
- Change the perception of the UK as an “IPv6-negative country“.
NEXT EVENT: UK IPv6 Councils 3rd round-table
The UK IPv6 Council will be hosting a round-table event in the City of London. This will be the last event of 2015 with plenty of mince pies to fuel the discussion! As always, the agenda is fairly fluid and is intended as a basis for conversation and input.
- DC virtualisation, containers and how IPv6 is involved.
- Year in review, looking back over 2015 at IPv6 related activities in the UK.
- Council focus for 2016.
If you would like to attend. please use the below link to register.
Second open meeting held at UCL in September 2015:
The UK IPv6 Council held its second public face-to-face meeting on 23rd September 2015 at University College London. Materials from this event are now online. Slides have been posted and video recordings are due to follow.