If there’s something that the global IPv6 community agrees on, it is that enterprises are lagging behind ISPs in terms of IPv6 adoption.
There are many misconceptions and a lack of understanding of IPv6 among these organisations, therefore the UK IPv6 Council decided to offer help and some practical guidance. The format was a day-long “Enterprise and IPv6” workshop in London, on 24th April 2023.
Presentations are available below.
Morgan Stanley Conference Centre, London
Morning block (10:00 – 12:00)
- Welcome & Setting the scene – Veronika McKillop (UK IPv6 Council) [slides] [video]
- “IPv6 thinking” – Tom Hill (BT) [slides] [video]
- IPv6 Address Planning – Veronika McKillop (UK IPv6 Council) [slides] [video]
- Applications & IPv6 – Tim Coote (Coote.org) [slides] [video]
Lunch 12:00 – 13:00
Afternoon block 1 (13:00 – 15:00)
- IPv6 Security & Mythbusting – Fernando Gont (SI6 Networks) [slides] [video]
- The Cloud, IPv6, and the Enterprise – Radek Zajic [slides] [video]
- Kubernetes & IPv6 – Nico Schottelius (Ungleich) [slides] [video]
- Almost IPv6-only Networks – Ondrej Caletka (RIPE NCC) [slides] [video]
Afternoon break 15:00 – 15:30
Afternoon block 2 (15:30 – 17:30)
- IPv6 @ Morgan Stanley (case study) – Andre Browning & Martin Baro (slides not available online)
- IPv6 at Imperial College London (case study) – David Stockdale [slides] [video]
- IPv6 and IoT – Graeme Bragg (University of Southampton) [slides] [video]